Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Moss Stitch

The Sidekick bought me a wonderful little book about knitting. It's a knit stitch guide.


Fancy right? Look at all those colours and patterns. And the book fits in your bag! If that's not a selling feature, I don't know what is. Actually, the price was. It basically ran the Sidekick around six dollars. Hey, big spender! 


Anyhow, for those of you who don't know, knitting is really only comprised of two basic stitches - a knit and a purl. But here's the fabulous thing: depending on how you combine these two stitches, you can actually create other stitches. Wowza! So, the two basic stitches then turn into ninety-six other stitches. Some of them even involve three different colours! How can you even contain your excitement? It's hard, I know.

Because I am what most people call an über nerd, I have decided to work my way through the Knit Stitch Guide. Not only to become more awesome, or awesomer, but to teach myself all the different stitches. Obviously so I can engage with others and dominate conversations with the awing things I know, like the Moss Stitch, which just happens to be the very first stitch in the book.


On a scale of one to ten, ten being the hardest thing ever and one being super duper easy, this stitch is actually a one. A very very soft one. That being said, it`s kind of pretty! And it feels lovely. Now, onto the next!

And because some of you might have read this post and are seriously wondering why you wasted the five minutes, here is a picture of Dixon and I to make it up to you:

No comments: