Friday, June 6, 2014

Grumpy Gus

This evening I am in a right foul mood, just grumpy through and through. It's weird to write a post when I'm out of sorts. For the most part, I try to maintain a somewhat lighthearted air over here and, even when I tackle more serious topics, I try to do it objectively and with at least a fraction of humour. Yes, sometimes I miss the mark, but overall, I work hard to combine and create entertaining and thought-provoking things to read. 

Well, there's no chance in hell of that happening tonight. My feet hurt, along with my back and head, my allergies are going bonkers, by the way they are saying this summer is going to be the worst we've ever seen. And to be honest, I'm just not feeling my normal spry self. It's been a long day. Not to complain, though. I mean, for the most part, it was okay, that's the confusing part of grumpiness for me. It comes in like a storm, blowing away any good thoughts and soaking all my happy feelings with irritation and disenchantment. 

I really need to get back into meditating. It doesn't work for me, I can't clear my brain enough for it to actually be called meditating, but some of those deep breaths and sprawling on the floor in savasana seems like a nice idea right now. Corpse pose - now that's some yoga I can get behind. 

"Honey, why are you lying on the floor like that?" 
"Go away, I'm doing yoga."

As for what to do when you're in a grumpy mood? Well, these are my five steps to picking myself up and brushing myself off: 

1. Have a bath. Make it warm. Make it bubbly. And breath in and out. Repeat the breathing, because you need to do this in order to keep living. 

2. Go for a walk. The outdoors can be very soothing. If you have a forest near you, submerge yourself in the clean scent of nature and you might start to feel invigorated.

3. Make yourself a nice cuppa. Tea always helps and maybe you need some fluids. 

4. Feel good movie. Of course guys hate to admit they actually like feel good movies, but I guarantee if they put on a movie from when they were young, they will start feeling better. Some choice examples for me are: Elvira Mistress of the Dark, Mac & Me, Short Circuit, Karate Kid, and The Goonies. Of course their are more, their are so many I can't even count! And ones I don't want to mention here because they are kind of embarrassing, like The Boy Who Could Fly. Eek. 

5. Eat something a treat. Treats make everyone happier. I can't name a treat for you to eat, though. Everyone's idea of a treat is different. Some time sweet, others salty and there are those who will eat anything, salty or sweet. (I'm talking about myself, of course.)

Anyhow, I can't get you out of your grumpy mood because I am too busy trying to get me out of mine. 


No comments: