Monday, January 6, 2014

Food Is In

Today I was reading a beauty blog about what is in and out.

In case you are wondering, Ombre, smokey eyes, pixie cuts and logo bags are all out. If you want to know what's in, you will have to just make up your own damn mind about what you like and run with it. Taking advice from an unseen nobody behind a computer screen seems a bit odd to me.

The most interesting 'in' for me was food.

Yes, you heard it here first, or second, maybe eighth. Food is good.

What the what?

You know what I am grateful for? The fact that food has never been 'out' to me. Sure, there was more to the post I read. It detailed juice diets and how eating healthy is the new awesome thing to do. But it still confounds me how people get it in their heads that food is bad. Yes, there are bad foods, but do you know how many super awesome foods there are out there?

Mother Nature is one crafty bitch!

She (or maybe God, if that's what you believe) crafted up this assortment of deliciousness that everyone needs. Yes, needs. People need food. Not only does it turn into energy and fuels the body, but it keeps your skin clear, your eyes sharp, teeth strong. Really, the list is endless. You won't believe what food can do for you. Just consult Dr. Googles.

It isn't healthy to starve yourself. Or exist on soup diets. Or juice diets. Or use pills to get the vitamins and minerals you need. That's just common sense. And I know eating disorders exist because people want to be other people. It's mental and dangerous, and scary, really. Everyday, people do unhealthy things in hopes of changing themselves into something they most likely will never be. It boggles the mind.

Since food is in, I am going to share this little salad I made yesterday.

1 Cup cooked Quinoa 
(I cook mine with a splash of lemon juice for awesome giggles and stuff)
1 Roma Tomato
1/4 Cup Red Pepper
1/4 Cup Cucumber
A bit of onion
Cilantro to taste 
Pea shoots
1 Cup chickpeas

No dressing. Trust me, you don't need it. Now eat it all up! 

No comments: