Monday, August 4, 2014

Soundtrack To My Life

If my life were a movie right now, these songs would be on the soundtrack. 

1. Matt & Kim - Overexposed - Because it picks me up. Makes me happy. And I dance around to it without any cares. 

2. Queen (Featuring David Bowie) - Under Pressure  - I am sure I will be a diamond after all this pressure is over. 

3. Buck 65 - Indestructible Sam - Perseverance will prevail. Be determined.

4. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Opium Tea - Well, I'm a prisoner here, yes, but I'm also free. Cause I am what I am and what will be will be. Some opium tea might be nice, actually. 

5. Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - Time To Move On - Time to move on. Time to get going. What lies ahead, I have no way of knowing. 

6. Ani DiFranco - 32 Flavours - A poster girl with no poster. 

7. Violent Femmes - Kiss Off - There's always a precious moment where this song applies to one or many people. 

8. Joe Strummer - Silver & Gold - Gonna kiss all the pretty girls. 

9. Chris Isaak - Somebody's Crying - Every soundtrack needs the emotional song that is essential to hit home the most touching of scenes. 

10. The Submarines - You, Me and Bourgeoisie - Choose love. Choose life. 

Just making it through, one day at a time. 

No comments: