Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Tits

I got 'em. As a matter of fact, most girls do. And much more unsettling, a lot of guys do as well.

What I want to know is what is the obsession with them?

And no this isn't a man-bashing blog about how they like to stare at breasts.
To be frank, I like looking at them too. I scope out other girls' boobs and think, are mine that nice? That big? That full? And sometimes, that bad?

Personally, mad cleavage makes me uncomfortable. I like a nice subtle cleavage. A sneak a peak cleave, where at first glance you didn't notice, but upon second review, hello! I also don't like mad squished boob cleavage either. I actually find breasts look the best when the bra does the job and divides and conquers. So you can see the natural shape a bit.

Things I don't like about breasts? Tan lines (like LeatherChest-my old boss) Ugly moles with hairs growing out of them. Fake boobs (they really don't move or feel the same at all-I would know, thanks to my dear friend Sam who wanted a test and feel in the bathroom at the Central City Brew Pub-but that's a whole other blog altogether)

So what is the obsession about?

It could be because they are right there, front and center, displayed for all. It could be because we were all (for the most part) breastfed as babies-that's if you want to get into the whole psychological side of it. It does need to be touched on, but even babies not breastfed grow up to have a fascination with breasts, for the most part. Could it be because they are a life source? I don't know.

But for the most part, the fascination with this part of the female body doesn't have anything to do with a person's sex.

Women are just as obsessed. The difference is, while men think about touching, fondling, licking and cupping breasts, women obsess in a more crazy and mind boggling way. Women think about if they are perky enough, if guys would like them, what underwear to buy, what size they are, if it's noticeable that the one on the right is slightly bigger than the one on the left. Or if something is normal or if their nipples are too big, too small, too dark, too light.

And let's be honest...women obsess about other girls' boobs as well, not just their own. They ask questions like, are hers real? Do mine look like hers? That girl has a nice bra. Or is that a pushup ultra air wire bendy bra?

I know anything about bras, but I do know one thing, I don't need padding or pushup. It is frustrating going shopping and having women try to sell you the sure-lift. I don't need my breasts up to my chin, thank you very much.

Regardless of where the obsession came from, it's there. And it's hard to ignore.
Not to mention it has been around for a long time. It dates back to when child bearing hips and thick thighs were in, and scrawny women were out. Back when to be curvy was a sign of a richer social status. Curves=Food=Money. Simple equation for the olden days folks. (I would like to touch on at this point, I would have been considered very wealthy. hehe)

There is much to admire about breasts. And I don't think that admiration will be going anywhere anytime soon.

No comments: