Some lovely Autho people decided to put together an Erotica anthology. In a fit of insanity, I decided to participate. I like to experience new things and like to challenge myself as a writer. Since I don't normally write erotica, I thought, how hard could it be? (Pun intended)
I learned a few things while I wrote this, here they are in no particular order:
1. Watching porn doesn't help you come up with ideas. It actually works against you.
2. I am not cut out to write erotica because I'm ultimately a romantic at heart and want love to be involved in the sex. Erotica isn't about the love (it can be, but ultimately isn't)
3. I can only use the words pussy or cunt, I feel Vagina is too prim and proper and twat is a British thing. Therefore the vocabulary is limited.
4. Writing erotica makes me have really naughty dreams and usually people I don't expect to make an appearance in them do. How embarrassing.
5. I told my mother about the story I was writing and she said, "I'm glad I don't have to write something so horrible." Yes this is an exact quote. And no, I wasn't impressed.
6. I'm pretty sure I was out of my element. I know this because I felt like I was out of my element. And I am pretty sure in the end it ended up sounding too porny.
(Is porny a word?)
7. I have mad respect for the women and men who write in this genre. How do they do it? I don't know. I'm pretty sure I would turn into a sexual deviant if this was my genre. As it is I am contemplating flashing people at the park for kicks. ;)
In the end, it was a great experience and it really did test me as a writer. I did persevere and, though it needs an edit, I think it turned out pretty good.