Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Cuppa Something

As the temperature takes a dip, people ditch the cold beverages for something warm. Fan favourites tend to be apple cider and hot chocolate, and while I certainly love a finely brewed cup of cider, I've always been a tea drinker. But it's impossible to leave it at that. I mean, there are so many teas out there. I used to be all about the rooibos teas, but lately have been leaning towards black ones.  

There are a couple I've been jumping between. Buttered Rum – which is a divine pirate melody for the tongue – and cranberry pear – a fruity little melody fit for a king (also a black tea).

The truth is, I am looking for a new favourite. There was this one called Sugar and Spice, which I loved, but they aren't making it anymore. Talk about annoying. I thought it was going to be the apple cider tea I picked up from David’s Tea not too long again. It might be tasty, but a favourite it isn’t. One of those teas you can take or leave, and if you do leave, you never really think about it again.

What makes a tea memorable?

Hard to say. Tastes differ too much between people. I love a nutty tea and the Sidekick fell in love with a tea called Pink Lemonade last summer and it was a bit baffling. Sure, it was good, but he didn't even want to share it. I have to admit, it was pretty damn tasty when chilled. But alas, the chilling days are over. 

And if anyone asks, I take my tea straight up. None of that milk and sugar business for me, thank you very much. 


No comments: