Wednesday, April 30, 2014

XXL Sweater

One of my most favourite things is going second hand store shopping with my sister. We spend hours in VV Boutique searching for amazing finds. Even if it takes three hours and we only leave with one or two items, we're happy. Because it's the hunt we love. And probably the quality time with one another. 

Two visits ago, we went to Value Village and I found this XXL sweater.  There was nothing remarkable about the garment whatsoever, but I kind of fell in love with it. I put it on and it was basically a sweater dress, but not a trendy one. A horrible one from the early nineties. I can't exactly say what drew me to the thing. It's blackish and greyish, a rough sort of material, and definitely not something I could ever wear out of the house. 

Still, I bought it. And it's one of my most favourite finds. I wear it all the time. It so big I don't have to wear pants! I'm not wearing pants right now! Does that make this post more or less interesting? 

Anyhow, this XXL sweat, that I imagine some large gentleman once wore, is seriously the most comfortable article of clothing I wear. You know when you're a child and you have your favourite outfit you want to wear everyday? This sweater is it for me. I get sad when it stinks and I have to wash it. Sometimes, when I'm at work, I think about this sweater, hanging in my closet, waiting for me to get home and put it on. 

Now the warm weather is approaching, and I wonder how this will impact our relationship. 

Guess who didn't make their bed this morning! 

No comments: