Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Nancy Never Stopped Screaming

So, I started watching Supernatural. I'm not sure if I should be embarrassed about this, or not. It's one of those shows that I thought teenagers loved because there happens to be some eye-candy of the male persuasion. Really, not many girls either, which is odd for television. Usually they stick in the obligatory hot, dumb blonde for good measure.

As it turns out, there's some serious spooky crap going on in this show. There's been a few episodes where I seriously was happy I wasn't watching it at night. The problem is, it's evening now and I'm home alone. Now ever bump and creak I'm going to think a demon is coming. Despite the fact this show seems to be built on cliches, it really makes my knitting and editing time go by way faster.

In the beginning, I was like, "Oh, look at these delightful young men." And then, "Hey there Dean from Gilmore Girls, isn't it funny how your brother's name is Dean like your old character? I still can't believe you cheated on Lindsey with Rory. Uncool, man." Also, "Ah-ha! That's Jensen Ackles." Because I seriously didn't know for a very long time who he was and apparently girls love him.

Needless to say, I've been enjoying it. The best episode thus far was when Sam was stuck in the never-ending Tuesday and Dean kept dying. Got a serious laugh from that one. The problem is, I just started season four and it's not living up to my *cough* high standards. Maybe it's Sam's hair. Or all this God stuff. It's just not as fun. All this doom and damnation really puts a damper on my evening.

And I think Sam's super awesome powers are super stupid. His hair is unacceptable as well.

This show may have just jumped the shark. Of course, I will keep watching to find out for sure.

No comments: