Friday, June 4, 2010

Stupidity Reigns Supreme

There is very little that irks me more than stupidity. One thing that goes hand in hand with stupidity is not thinking before you speak. As Twilight rocketed to fame it put Kristen Stewart (a mediocre actress with a pension for biting her lip) in the spotlight. I don't care about Twilight, my opinion falls in between "meh" and "blah", but that Kristen Stewart annoys the fuck out of me. It could be because she is making millions of dollars for subpar acting jobs and then has the audacity to complain about being in the limelight.

I'm sorry? What?

You are an actor. If you don't want to be plastered all over InTouch and US Weekly then move out of L.A. Paparazzi is part of the job. It would be like me complaining about having to answer the telephone at my desk or interact with my co-workers. You don't see Johnny Depp's face on the cover of the trashy magazines. You know why? People he doesn't live in LA. He did something about hating the press, he removed himself from the situation. Come to Vancouver or New York where people don't give two shits that your a celebrity.

I digress.

Here is the stupidity part. In a recent interview the Hollywood local was quoted as saying being followed by the paparazzi is like being raped. Actually, here is the quote, so I don't butcher her lovely words.
"What you don't see are the cameras shoved in my face and the bizarre intrusive questions being asked, or the people falling over themselves, screaming and taunting to get a reaction. The photos are so... I feel like I'm looking at someone being raped. A lot of the time I can't handle it. It's f***ed. I never expected that this would be my life."

Did she really just say that? First of all, is she really that fucking stupid? Is it like being raped? I bet the hundreds of women the world over would disagree. Maybe if they shoved the camera up your twat it would be like rape, but having someone yell at you and take your picture is not like RAPE at all. Secondly, stop acting if you hate it so much. Move away, get a job at the local dive hustling grub, no one will be taking pictures of you when you are a waitress in slow-poke Idaho.

Regardless, of the horrible quote, people are actually making excuses for her. She's young, they say. Excuse me? She is twenty years old. She is old enough to know how to think before she speaks. When I was twenty I lived on my own in the city and was dating an old man with a kid and paying my own bills and not saying ridiculous things. Not to mention she has been acting since she was nine. Perhaps her publicist should groom her. And if she is unable to think before she speaks (and acts-since the onslaught of photos depicting her fingering the camera proves she is not only an idiot but also thirteen years old) perhaps she should remain indoors.

Of course she apologized, but in my opinion there is no apology for stupidity. And Kristen Stewart has it in spades. I am so thrilled this is the role model of so many young impressionable teens. First the pot bikini and now this...and I am sure the list will just grow of the idiotic ways of KStew (as her friends like to call her). And I will leave you with this picture of the classy and not-so-talented Miss Stewart


3 comments:

Robb said...

Um, yeah. I want to be a famous billionaire actress and adored the world over. Then I will complain about all the attention.

K. A. Jordan said...

I laughed at the picture. Could have been me at 20 - young, dumb and a legend in my own mind.

Andy Warhol his "15 minutes of fame" comes to mind.

Marcella O'Connor said...

Is it weird that I'm complaining about the paparazzi intrusion on my life and I'm not at all famous?