Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Circles

Sometimes the line I'm walking feels like a circle.

And round and round we go.

I'm not sure how I got in this loop, but I can't help thinking I'm supposed to learn something. Anything.

It's strange when all your surroundings are familiar, the same, but you feel out of place.

Out of time.

Still, I walk.

This journey is endless.

Direction-less at times.

Surprising because nothing ever really changes.

Yet, one foot goes in front of the other.

Footprints in the sand, earth, snow, wet paint.

Follow through.

I have it.

Except, the solution to the problem wasn't the answer I first thought it was.

Can't push to go faster. Can't force steadiness.

Listening to heartbeats, words on quivering lips, and silence.

I will find my way.

But we may not make it together.

Our hands might slip.

And our paths may fork.

But we will find our homes.

They will be safe.

Trust me.


5 comments:

Jasmine Walt said...

I was feeling exactly the same last night, Tee. Good thing I'm not the only one. :)

Batman said...

It would seem this almost goes with your current vlog entry, and since I couldn't comment there....

Good stuff. I totally agree with everything you've said.

Tee said...

Batman just commented on my blog! BATMAN JUST COMMENTED ON MY BLOG!

Exmoorjane said...

Yes indeedy...though I tend to vision it more as a spiral... when we come back to where we started, it's always slightly different... :)

LE CHEMIN DES GRANDS JARDINS said...

Très beau poème.

J'aime ceux qui tournent en rond sur un plage, car ils finiront bien par tomber de bonheur, les bras en croix, comme je le fais moi-même

Roger