Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Clue

Most people think of the game when you refer to clue when in reality they should think of the amazing moving staring Tim Curry. I love Tim Curry, I always have. I loved him in Annie. I loved him in Legend. I loved him in IT. I loved him in Rocky Horror Picture Show. And, most recently, I loved him as the creep-ball serial killer on Criminal Minds.

I would have to say, that Tim Curry was the Johnny Depp of the eighties, in the sense that he took the most out there roles and flourished in said roles.

If you have never seen Clue, stop reading this blog, go order it online. It will be the best ten dollars you ever spend in your life. This movie is incredibly underrated. Not only is Tim Curry front and center as the buttling butler, but you have Christopher Lloyd, Martin Mull and the always amazing Madeline Kahn.

This movie is rife with some of the best one liners ever written into a script. If you don't know the premise of Clue, six guests are called to Mr. Boddy's mansion for a dinner party where they find out that they all have something in common, they are being blackmailed by Mr. Boddy.

Well, not shockingly, Mr. Boddy dies. And, lead by Mr. Boddy's butler, Wadsworth, the charming and attractive (well, at least to me) Tim Curry, they try to figure out who killed Mr. Boddy.

Only, things get worse. And the bodies start to pile up.

This was one of my favourite films when I was a child. I used to make my father rent it every other week. The only movie that got as much attention from me as Clue was The Munsters At the Museum movie. See, even as a child I had taste. Though, I must admit, I certainly missed some of the jokes. Youth and innocence was one of my follies.

I leave you now with the trailer. And please, don't be a fool...go get it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey tee, you mention Mr Boddy and never refer to the legendary punk raconteur (and sometime actor) Lee Ving who portrayed him?