Thursday, December 9, 2010

So This Is Christmas

It's December. I know that's stating the obvious, but I felt it needed to be said. It hasn't fully sunk in yet just how close Christmas is. Old Saint Nick is practically breathing down our necks and it's time to get into the festive swing of things.

Ever since I was young, Halloween was always my favourite time of year. That's not to say their aren't redeeming qualities to the other holidays. I love the candy from Easter. The cards from Valentine's Day. The random day off for New Year's Day.

And, despite my standard ba-humbug disposition, there are things about Christmas I can get behind.

I love driving around looking at the lights. Stockings are cool. Some of the carols are pretty awesome. I appreciate the Muppet's Christmas Carol. And who doesn't love A Nightmare Before Christmas? Everyone loves it. Or at least they should.

And so, I have drawn a Christmas sketch for this fine Thursday morning in hopes of shrugging off some of this gloom and doom and sinking into a more Christmasy mood.

I know you've all been waiting with anticipation.

No comments: