Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A Bit O' Recognition

A lot of people blog and vlog and plog and...well, participate in this social media extravaganza because they want to build a network, have connections and slowly climb to fame and fortune. I, on the other hand, take part in this crazy virtual realm because it allows me to take a break from the everyday grind and sit back and ponder life. I'm a big thinker. It's true, I mull with the best of them. And, sometimes, a little order is needed, order that can only be achieved by writing out the rampant thoughts galloping through my head.

Luckily, I was blessed with this gift (curse?) to be able to say what I'm thinking with these fantastic things called words. If used correctly, words can be strung together in sentences and, most shocking, these sentences can form paragraphs.

So, yes, I write these things for myself, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't do it for you as well. You see, I've been thinking about the path. No, not the path to Jesus Christ, but my life path. Our life paths. Lately, I've noticed a lot of people commenting on my blogs and taking the time to let me know that something I've said has resonated with them. This tells me two things:

1. People read my blog (surprise!)

2. I'm not alone on this twisting, turning, sometimes bumpy journey.

Some of you are along for the ride. That feeling of oneness doesn't have a price. You can't pick it up at the corner store. It's refreshing. Energizing. And, more than anything else, calming. Well, at least for me. I can see how others might be a bit more apprehensive to find I'm along for THEIR journey. Frightening thought.

Since it's just you and me here, talking thing out, I feel comfortable saying that sometimes the comments on my blog tickle me silly. A little recognition is nice. I don't think I'm stating anything ground breaking by saying that. I mean, it's like when we were seven years old and we drew a pretty picture in class. All we wanted was a simple pat on our head from our teacher, mother or father. Someone to say, "Job well done."

Well, this week, I got two job well dones. Ones that extended beyond comments on my blog or shares of my vlog. People actually took the time to put me in their own blogs! I know, the world has gone mad.

The first came from Toby Neal who mentioned me in her blog on fearless writing. Now, I have a hard time taking compliments, mostly because I always feel the need to push them away or joke about them. Probably has something to do with being an unsightly child so worthy of mocking it became a second nature. That said, I really do appreciate this shout out. I try to remain honest with what I write on my blog and what I vlog about. I state my opinions and hand them over in their rawest form. Granted, I probably should candy-coat them at times. Am I fearless? Not really. But I am honest.

The second shout out came from A. K. Fotinos-Hoyer who mentioned me in her blog and gave me the Liebster Award.


In order to accept this award, which I am doing, I must do three things:

1. Link back to the person who gave it to me. (Which I have done, see above.)
2. Post this award on my blog (I am doing this now)
3. And nominate five blogs with less than 200 followers and notify them that I have given them this award.

Easy as pie. Simple enough instructions that even I can follow.

Because recognition is a wonderful thing. I am participating in this.

Here are the five people I am nominating for the Liebster Award:

1. R.C. Lewis - Wonderful, wise, woman writer. Oh, and smart as a whip.
2. C.S. Einfeld  - MG Writer with style and flare. A must follow.
3. Stephen Winterflood - Humorous posts about all things weird. And art I salivate over.
4. Lexi Revellian - Writer doing it for herself. Wonderful blogger.
5. Solange Noir  - Doesn't blog as much as I'd like, but hoping this is motivation.

So, go forth and recognize someone. I hear it's all the rage.

5 comments:

C.S. Einfeld said...

Well, how cool is this?!!

VERY, I say!

Thanks, T!

Stephen Winterflood said...

Thank you for the mention, T.

I also talk about things that are not so weird... just not a lot of the time. :)

A. K. Fotinos-Hoyer said...

Can't wait to check out the blogs you've chosen :)

Jessica Ferguson said...

Hi, enjoyed the post. I came over from Lexi's blog and am a new follower now. Good to meet you!

Tee said...

Fantastic, I love new follows! :)