Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Wilde Wednesday

In a fit of insanity I have decided to add another feature to my blog. I have Melodic Mondays, which I really enjoy writing, and now I will start off on Wilde Wednesdays in which I will take a moment to post a quote or excerpt from Oscar Wilde.

If you didn't know, Mr. Wilde is one of my most favorite people. If I could talk to anyone dead and gone I would talk to Joe Strummer, but second to him it would have to be Oscar Wilde.

Wilde is an Irish writer (his most notable work/famous work is: The Importance of Being Earnest) with a some-what shady past (after all he was improsoned for his sexuallity) and is one of the most wry, wonderful, and witty people to ever reach the masses. Not only is he one of the most iconic figures of late Victorian era, but he is associated with scandle and has a razor-sharp social critism which he is known for-and which has endeared me to him.

Sometimes when I read his work, I swear I can here the smirk on his mouth, do you know what I mean?

Probably not, since I am nuttier than a bowl of peanuts. Regardless, I have this thing for Oscar Wilde and I am going to inflict my thing on you. More people should appreciate the writer

Today's quote from my man Oscar Wilde:

“To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early or be respectable.”




If you would like to read more about Oscar Wilde, which I high recommed doing, visit this link:

Wilde Wiki

No comments: